Best place to advertise a Caravan to let??

Discuss any aspect of Property - Renting, Buying, Selling, Investing, Developing, Building

Best place to advertise a Caravan to let??

Postby Welshtoff » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Sorry if this is in the wrong place Nick, not too sure where I should put it though.

My friend has asked me to take photo's of her gorgeous caravan at weekend, and she would like me to advertise it for her. Any ideas on the best place to advertise? The caravan is situated in a beautifully peaceful little village, well, more of a hamlet really. Gorgeous German made van, almost as long as a static, but is just the legal length for towing.
Billy Goat Gruff is starving, where are those flaming Trolls????
Welshtoff

Re: Best place to advertise a Caravan to let??

Postby Nick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 pm

You should give more details like where it is, what market it is suitable for (Families? Children? Dogs? Windsurfers? Divers? Walkers? Posh, Budget? ....) how much it costs, what her advertising budget is, is she on the internet?
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Welshtoff » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Cheers Nick. Once I have the photos, I can put together a good description. It will be suitable for adults only, (she doesn't mind older children, but can't risk having it ruined by little ones), the location is great for anyone who is into walking/rambling, but not too far away from some good shopping areas and entertainment if needed. Also, being on the Island, not too far in any direction from the sea, so also great for Divers, Surfers, Yachtsmen, etc. Not too far from Holyhead, where there is a lovely Marina, also, a good Golf Course about 20 minutes away.

She has allowed dogs in the past, but unfortunately, the last ones were let up onto the furniture and covered everything in hair, so think she would prefer no dogs now :(

She is asking £25 per night (which I think is extremely cheap!)

She is not on the internet (yet, but hopefully will be soon), so I said I would advertise it for her, but just not too sure how to go about it.

I am going to advertise it on our local Freecycle Cafe Group, hopefully word of mouth will pass details on to relatives of Members, etc.
Welshtoff

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 am

I know quite a lot about the subject as I used to have a cottage holiday business.

The obvious free places to advertise are Gumtree, Craigslist, Google Base, and to help Eddie you might like to consider http://www.pimlico-flats.co.uk//forum/v ... f=18&t=696

Funnily enough I'm halfway through writing a Blog about Gumtree.

One of the problems of free advertising is that it is plagued with Scams, which is killing it. Read my Scam Blogs.

If you are going to advertise online I think you need a website for the caravan as people will want to see photos, and it will prove that your ad isn't a scam itself. It needn't cost you anything at all apart from £11 for the Domain and it's a lot easier and cheaper than the 90s when I used to send out photos in the post with a SAE and people still didn't return them!
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Welshtoff » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks for all the info Nick. Will do the photo's this weekend, then look into setting up a website for her :?

She may hopefully have a beautiful static van to rent out soon too, well, it is actually more of a mobile home, 3 bedrooms, gas central heating, the full works :)
Welshtoff

Postby james11 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:03 am

Thanks for this news.
james11

Return to Property