Carling Cup

Our "Local" sometimes spit and sawdust, at others a refined winebar. Entertainment is in your hands too - Poledancers? Lunchtime Strippers? Chippendales? String Quartet? Sky Sports?

Carling Cup

Postby Lynda » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:09 pm

4 - 0 - what happened there?
Lynda

Re: Carling Cup

Postby keith » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:56 pm

We played mostly kids and carp at the back and paid the price

o'shea is never a United Standard player
keith

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:48 am

I missed it as I was travelling, but it doesn't sound good.

29 Kuszczak
12 Smalling
20 Fabio Da Silva (Rafael Da Silva 65)
22 O'Shea
23 Evans (Brown 72)
08 Anderson
11 Giggs
24 Fletcher
14 Hernandez
26 Obertan
33 Tiago Bebe (Macheda 46)

Doesn't sound kids to me. Though I'm losing faith in Evans, & Bebe is a big disappointment.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby keith » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Bebe is not yet either fit or upto speed with they way top players think, he just doesn't seem to have that nous that would get him into better positions.

KIKO lacks Confidence and needs games
Ditto the Da Silva Brothers
Anderson is still coming back.
keith

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:11 am

Keith,

Well I hope that your analysis of Bebe is right, because the other possibility is that he is useless! His performances so far have been underwhelming and I expect to see him off on loan to a championship club. A loan has done wonders for Welbeck.

Macheda has had plenty of opportunity this year, with Rooney now back, and Owen presumably on his way, he may find that he has wasted the opportunity to make his mark.

Your comment about Da Silvas might be fair about Fabio, but Raphael has been playing every week and appears to be first choice at right back.

Whilst that was Anderson's second/third game, what worries is that he wasn't great when he WAS playing. I take hope from Nani, who took a while to fire, but came good in the end.

Did anyone see the Real Madrid v Barcelona Match?
Nick
Site Admin

Postby keith » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Nick

SAF must see something we struggle to see as he's been given a new contract till 2015 - He does appear to be playing quite well ATM

I think the players out on Loan

Welbeck, Mame Biram Diouf et al are doing well however the recall of the 2 palyers at Preston seems to be a little spitefull and purely as a reaction to Darren being sacked
keith

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:52 pm

keith wrote:Nick

SAF must see something we struggle to see as he's been given a new contract till 2015 - He does appear to be playing quite well ATM

Anderson? He is playing brilliantly right now, I have had to change my mind, just as I had to over Fletcher.

keith wrote:I think the players out on Loan

Welbeck, Mame Biram Diouf et al are doing well however the recall of the 2 palyers at Preston seems to be a little spitefull and purely as a reaction to Darren being sacked

Tom Cleverly is making a name for himself too. As for Preston - I would see the reverse, the sending players was a favour now withdrawn. He did the same for Keane when he managed Sunderland, I guess the truth is that Football is a dirty game, both on and off the pitch. I would think that the players involved had some say about where they play - but I've got no idea how it all works.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:41 pm

keith wrote:the recall of the 2 palyers at Preston seems to be a little spitefull and purely as a reaction to Darren being sacked

But Ferguson has decided to set the record straight, claiming it was the players' wish to return from the Championship strugglers, a view that has been explained personally by the United boss to Preston owner and fellow horse-racing fan Trevor Hemmings.

"I spoke with the owner, Trevor Hemmings, with whom I have a good relationship, and explained that the players did not want to go back," he said.

"Our reserve team coach, Warren Joyce, spoke to me about it. We decided that the players should go to training that day and we would discuss it later.

"We decided that if the players did not want to go back, there was no point in them being there.

"Matty James was already injured and both Ritchie de Laet and Josh King were coming back in two days' time anyway, so under the regulations, we decided to keep them."

I'm surprised de Laet went to the Championship, he looked Premiership material to me.
Nick
Site Admin

Return to The Clarendon