Banks!

Our "Local" sometimes spit and sawdust, at others a refined winebar. Entertainment is in your hands too - Poledancers? Lunchtime Strippers? Chippendales? String Quartet? Sky Sports?

Banks!

Postby Nick » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm

I don't see what this has to do with XXXXXX, or any other company.

I have notified you that I don't want you to make this payment in advance and you have ignored my request and made the payment. I don't see why it is now my responsibility to contact anyone about anything.

Please refund the payment immediately.
Nick
Site Admin

Re: Banks!

Postby Steve Griff » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 pm

If they made a Direct Debit payment after you cancelled it they have to refund you, there is a direct debit payment garantee that the banks sign up to http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Businesses/D ... ights.aspx
I have had a similar problem years ago and the bank refused to refund the money until I reminded them it was their obligation and I had the money within days!
Steve Griff

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:48 am

Thanks for that link Steve - I hope that I don't need it. I was very angry when I posted that because banks treat their customers with little respect and scant regard for their own obligations simply because they have a monopoly and can get away with it.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Steve Griff » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:29 am

Nick wrote:Thanks for that link Steve - I hope that I don't need it. I was very angry when I posted that because banks treat their customers with little respect and scant regard for their own obligations simply because they have a monopoly and can get away with it.

Yep.

Its what puts me off commercial lending and probably why I will never take big chances or end up Rich for taking those chances, I just hope to be comfortable.
Steve Griff

Postby keith » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:42 am

on the same subject

I went in to draw some cheques on dads account to give some money to each of the grandkids so they can buy something to remember Mum and Dad by.

As it's a savings account ( and they didn't tell me this when I put ball the money in 1 account ), they are going to charge me £20 per cheque so to share out his money it'll cost over £200, well they can forget that !

I'll move the money into an account with my bank and I'll write the cheques
keith

Postby Lynda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Not by any chance Santander is it? They tried the same thing we me when my mother died and I had to close her account. They wanted to charge for the cheque they had to give me for the balance of her account. The teller said I should have written the cheque myself. Having had to close the account the previous day and hand over the remaining cheques that wasn't possible. I made such a noisy fuss about it in the very busy branch and they decided to waive the charges.
Lynda

Postby keith » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:22 pm

nope LLoyds

strangely a cheque to Close the account was free !
keith

Return to The Clarendon