Eden Hazard

Our "Local" sometimes spit and sawdust, at others a refined winebar. Entertainment is in your hands too - Poledancers? Lunchtime Strippers? Chippendales? String Quartet? Sky Sports?

Eden Hazard

Postby keith » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Ban as long as Cantona or longer ?

Discuss
keith

Re: Eden Hazard

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:20 am

I think Hazard will say he was trying to kick the ball not the boy, whilst there was never any doubt as to what Cantona was trying to do. :D

I'll be interested to hear Chelsea's statements. Glenn Hoddle said that ball boys delaying the away side is common and all part of Home advantage. It's a shame that Swansea and probably the rest of football have abandoned old fashioned values of hospitality and sportsmanship.

So I say shame on Swansea, and also it's a shame that this will detract from the memories of their great team.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am

I bet the poor ball boy wishes it had been Torres who took a swipe at him…….he would have missed by a yard!

John Terry has just asked what age his mum is and whether his Dad is out a lot.

Based on his "rolling around in apparent agony" skills Arsenal bid 2 million for Swansea ballboy

Chelsea have signed up to Kick Ballboys Out Of Football.

Alex Ferguson: "He could've killed him"
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:46 am

The ball boy is the son of a Swansea Director brought back (cos he is too old to be a ball boy) to manage the delaying the game cheating. He was boasting about his plans on twitter before the game.

I can't decide if it's funny or sad.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Injury Lawyers for the Swansea ball boy -
  • "Had an injury at work?"
  • "not your fault?"
  • "was there an unknown Hazard?"

After seeing the ball boy keep possession of the ball for more than 10 seconds, , Liverpool Fc have made a bid of £20 million for him.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby keith » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Looks like Hazard is in line for a long ban.
keith

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:38 pm

You got me researching:

Chelsea's Eden Hazard has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association after kicking out at a Swansea ball boy.
The Belgian midfielder, 22, faces a three-match ban for his dismissal, but the FA alleges the standard punishment was "clearly insufficient".
Hazard was sent off in the Capital One Cup semi-final second leg after the incident with Charlie Morgan, 17.
The player has until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday to respond to the charge.
The FA says it will remind all clubs "of their responsibilities in ensuring ball boys and other personnel around the pitch act in an appropriate manner at all times".
Hazard was trying to retrieve the ball from under the ball boy, who had fallen on top of it, in the 78th minute of Wednesday's match.
The scoreline was 0-0 at the time, with Chelsea needing at least two goals to take the match into extra-time. The game ended 0-0 with the Swans going through with a 2-0 aggregate win.
Hazard apologised to the ball boy afterwards.
If Hazard is found guilty it is thought he will face a four-match ban - with one further fixture added to the standard three-game suspension.
The disciplinary panel would have the power to go higher but that is believed to be unlikely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21201247

I think Swansea deserve censure too - perhaps a replay at a neutral ground? Ball boys could be described as match officials, and to premeditate trying to influence the outcome of the match by bringing in ballboys in order to cheat deserves some sort of punishment.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Lynda » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Who cares? Chelsea would have lost anyway.
Lynda

Postby Steve Griff » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Come on the Swans.
Steve Griff

Postby Lynda » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 pm

I'll be supporting Bradford in the final.
Lynda

Postby Nick » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 am

Lynda wrote:Who cares? Chelsea would have lost anyway.

Yes - Swansea's cheating has taken the attention away from the great football that they have been playing this season. Maybe we should just accept that football is no longer a sport, but is now entertainment as in WWE.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Lynda » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 am

It's not that, Nick. I'm just fed up with Chelsea players getting away with so much bad behaviour. For example, the incident that nearly destroyed Mark Clattenberg's career. Chelsea have always felt that Clattenberg wasn't fair to them and although he was found not guilty of racism by the FA I'm sure he will never referee a Chelsea match again so they achieved what they set out to do.
Lynda

Return to The Clarendon