Taxes

Our "Local" sometimes spit and sawdust, at others a refined winebar. Entertainment is in your hands too - Poledancers? Lunchtime Strippers? Chippendales? String Quartet? Sky Sports?

Taxes

Postby keith » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Ok lets look at making or saving UK PLC more money without hitting Mr/Mrs Average.

Firstly these schemes whereby a person A works for Company B ( owned by A and with one employee ) who then sells person A as a sub-contractor to Company C so in effect the person works for C but C pays B who then pays A minimum wages Plus dividends, expenses etc.
I works for a medium sized company and I see a lot of this going on in my company, these people pay far less tax & NI on twice the income. It's easily dealt with anyone who works for a company for more than say 2 years is treated as an employee of that company and the entire payment is taxed. this needs to apply to offshore based holding companies as well.

Contractors, the regulations need to be tightened, when I see "colleagues" getting VAT receipts on fuel, Lunch, the afterwork pint etc because they can claim the VAT back this has to be stopped.

Council TAX / Rates, abolish and bring back as a 2 part Poll tax Adults Pay 1 share each child the parents pay 1/3 of a share, a tax per person is far fairer than a tax per property, now you could set the share to be a percentage lets say 1.5% of household income.
Parents on benefits get relief for each child they have or are expecting when they go onto benefits but nothing for Children conceived after.

No Winter Fuel Payments for people not UK resident
No Child Benefit payments to those not UK resident
No Child benefit payments to those not UK national at the time of the Birth
keith

Re: Taxes

Postby Steve Griff » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:14 am

Good points All Hail Keith :)
Steve Griff

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Steve Griff wrote:Good points All Hail Keith :)

All Hail Keith.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby keith » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Child benefit and Fuel Allowance paid to people living abroad alone total £49 Million a year

Mind you if we made MPs pay their own accomodation costs like most other workers do that would massively cot costs as well, the latest figure I can find is £89million a year so thats an average of £136,000 each or £375 a day
keith

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 am

keith wrote:Child benefit .......... paid to people living abroad

:shock:

What is the logic to that?
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Chrissy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 am

Nick wrote:
keith wrote:Child benefit .......... paid to people living abroad

:shock:

What is the logic to that?

Daddy is over here paying NI, Income tax and VAT on the stuff he buys. He sends money home to Poland for the wife and kids. As a tax payer he is entitled to child benefit.

The alternative would see him bringing the wife and kids over, putting a bigger strain on local services, the schools, the hospitals and further fueling the rise in rental costs (so there is a good side ;) ).

We would be better off targetting those that don't work, pay NI or income tax. Generate jobs (not free labour for poundland), build infrastructure that benefits the country and employs the already resident - not the like the olympics where 80% of the jobs went to people who wouldn't know the difference between the bow bells and a bottle of cheap whisky.
Chrissy

Postby keith » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Actually if Mummy has the kid over here and moves back to Poland with daddy they still get it as does my SIL who's emigrated to Australia
keith

Return to The Clarendon