Where in the World?

Hobbies, Travel, Entertainment

Where in the World?

Postby Don » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:07 am

Have you been?

I've not travelled much (yet :D ) due to time,money and commitments, but I do love the UK and have so much more yet to discover, it'll be a while before I venture further :D
I can't choose my favorite destination, there's so many places I love for many different reasons.

So here's a travel thread 8-) I'd love to hear where you've been and see pictures of your favorite places from all over the world.

If you could choose to live anywhere in the World where would it be and why?
Don

Re: Where in the World?

Postby keith » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:20 pm

Ah ha

only just discoverd this thread

Lincolnshire is a beautifull place to live and work.

Peacefull, quiet, and with a popular seaside resort etc on the doorstep, and a few very nice Touristy things to see and do

eg the Museum of Lincolnshire Life - Lincoln
Church Farm museum - Skegness
Grantham Museum
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Conningsby
East Kirkby Aircraft heritage museum - Privately run

Butlins ( or sometime referd to as Butlitz ) Skegness

The Tulip Parade in Spalding & the Pumpkin one ditto
Caistor Fiddle Fest
keith

Postby REI » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 pm

I have lived in a few places. My tastes are evolving. Some things seem to remain constant while other things change as I age.

In my world I would want to have three homes.

London is a keeper. Big city, world perspective, destination for many folks who want to travel, lots of different cultures, long history.

Some where on the west coast of the USA. Based on my wife's tastes it likely would be somewhere warmer. I have lived in California and Oregon before so I know the west coast pretty well. Likely a place south from LA including some specific areas around LA if I needed to be near a large airport. Being able to get somewhere else is important. Hawaii could also work.

Singapore or Hong Kong would round out the three.

The three need to be about 8 timezones apart. One foot in Asia, one in Europe and one in the USA. I would rotate around with about 4 months in each but not necessarily 4 consecutive months.

I have lived, worked or travel to all of the above and other places in each region. I would use the three homes to continue traveling while having a base close by.
John B. Corey Jr.
25+ years of REI, US & UK.
Free advice so get in touch. I like to discuss deals structures & overall strategy
I sometimes maintain a blog when the tools are being well behaved. www.ChelseaPrivateEquity.com/blog
Follow me on Twitter-> www.twitter.com/john_corey
REI

Postby Lynda » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:52 pm

I lived in or very close to London for over 60 years and I'm glad to be away from it.
Lynda

Postby keith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 am

Would like to Win the lottery and be able to have

Here as a base

A place in Crete, I just find it idyllic, nothing special just a smallish villa with a plunge pool and 2-3 bedrooms and a decent kitchen patio with built in BBQ, a smallish veg plot with lettuce, Tomatoes, cucumber etc growing, a few Grapevines so I could brew my own wine and Raki, and finally some olive trees. Oh and perhaps a guest room or 2 for friends

and a place in the US again a villa with a pool
keith

Postby REI » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Lynda wrote:I lived in or very close to London for over 60 years and I'm glad to be away from it.

Sounds like I have a few years before I will burn out on London.
John B. Corey Jr.
25+ years of REI, US & UK.
Free advice so get in touch. I like to discuss deals structures & overall strategy
I sometimes maintain a blog when the tools are being well behaved. www.ChelseaPrivateEquity.com/blog
Follow me on Twitter-> www.twitter.com/john_corey
REI

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:23 pm

There are so many great places aren't there? I've just returned from Amsterdam with a resolve to go back, such a fabulous place and a surprisingly successful place to celebrate New Year!
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 pm

REI wrote:Some where on the west coast of the USA. Based on my wife's tastes it likely would be somewhere warmer. I have lived in California and Oregon before so I know the west coast pretty well. Likely a place south from LA including some specific areas around LA if I needed to be near a large airport. Being able to get somewhere else is important. Hawaii could also work.

It seems from my US friends that New Mexico used to be the retirement state of choice, but that it has priced itself out and the smart money moved the Washington State. I'd certainly relish a trip to the NW.
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Recreation