Glenn Armstrong

Discuss any aspect of Property - Renting, Buying, Selling, Investing, Developing, Building

Glenn Armstrong

Postby Rich G » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:58 pm

I decided to post this here as I've noticed people are more polite when they have to interact in public. So, if you can make the cognitive stretch to reading this dispassionately, does it not make sense?

Today, I want to tell you WHY YOU SHOULD invest in property..
You see, contrary to what people want you to believe, it is not easy to get rich from property or any other business for that matter. In fact, it is a lot of hard work, long hours and a lot of determination!
I’m telling you this because having bought and sold hundreds of properties over the past 8 years, I know that it is certain you will face many challenges along the way, regardless of how much valuable knowledge you will learn.
But it is worth it!
I want you to answer this question:
“WHY should I invest in property?”
Last edited by Rich G on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich G

Re: Glenn Armstrong

Postby Steve Griff » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:36 am

Because I am a thick gullible annoying person who believed the hype and I'm worth it. D and PO :)
Last edited by Steve Griff on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Griff

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:52 am

That's a very negative mindset Rich! You will never achieve financial freedom without embracing positivity.

As for the article that you read - the problem with reading marketing campaigns is that they don't intend to educate, only to lead you into spending money Consequently it is pointless reading them - either pay up and get the education, or go elsewhere and read something that is designed to educate.

In the article the only bit of education is

If your WHY is clear enough, then your goals will be easier to achieve. Knowing what your why is, helps to put your goal into perspective and gives you the inspiration to achieve them..

Which I think is fair enough ...... but probably not worth the time of reading the whole page, which ends with:

I want to help you start out in property, which is why I have created a totally free six part guide (both in video and pdf format). You can get access to this report, by filling in your details on the right hand side. Every few days, you will be sent one part of my report, totally six altogether. I look forward to helping you out in the future.

Have you signed up for the course? I didn't bother as I doubt there will be anything worth the time, and adding my e-mail address to the database. I attended a Simon Zutchi Webinar last week - a complete waste of time for me & I left part way through. I suspect this course will be the same.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:58 am

Steve Griff wrote:Because I am a thick gullible annoying person who believed the hype and I'm worth it. D and PO :)

ROFL

PO?
Rich G

Postby Rich G » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Hm, I wouldn't have posted that last night except I was D. Anyway,

Nick wrote:I attended a Simon Zutchi Webinar last week - a complete waste of time for me & I left part way through. I suspect this course will be the same.

Which is what I would expect. You are a sophisticated practitioner so unlikely to learn much from entry-level webinars. Years ago Parmdeep Vadesha did a similar series of emails over a few days that Glenn is offering here. I was a newb then and I learnt a lot.

Re Glenn, this whas the bit I liked.

it is not easy to get rich from property or any other business for that matter. In fact, it is a lot of hard work, long hours and a lot of determination!
Rich G

Postby Ken E » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Rich G wrote:Re Glenn, this whas the bit I liked.

it is not easy to get rich from property or any other business for that matter. In fact, it is a lot of hard work, long hours and a lot of determination!

Thats classic selling along the lines of OMG, I can't possibily achieve this on my own, but look heres' an honest upfront guy who tells it like it is and is offering to help me get through all those difficulties (for a fee!).

I'm not knocking GA for doing that just pointing out that selling a problem and then the way to solve it is as much an established sales technique as selling the Get Rich Quick and Easy dream.
Ken E

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Good point Ken, as illustrated by the video that accompanies the sell - a GA student describing how she flipped a property for £40K profit, & Glenn's text explains that you can do this

Sophie is one of my students, and has recently cashed out 40k in a property that she sold. Imagine what you could do if you were able to do that once, twice, even ten times a month.. It really is endless.

http://glennarmstrong.com/blog/why-property/
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Ten a month! I'd be very happy to do one a month, at the moment even 2 a year looks hopeful, but that's my goal for this year.
Rich G

Postby Barry Sharpe » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:26 pm

That would be a more realistic target in this area (his manor) Rich. Most investors I talk to are struggling to find anything worth flipping.
Barry Sharpe

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Barry,

I had a session with an Estate Agent yesterday, looking for some motivated sellers & it seems to me that most people with properties that aren't shifting are just hanging on in there with unrealistic prices, in the hope that one day the market will wake up and all their problems will be over. An example would be an ex-care home - 9 bedrooms. It would make a cracking HMO, but the owner is living in 3 of the rooms & hanging out for their price.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Jo King » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:51 pm

I noticed and was shocked by that when looking at Average House Prices for a post on here yesterday:-

Average Sold House Price York £217,110 over last 12 months
Average Asking House Price York £307,176 at the moment :lol:

That's a massive £90k difference - perhaps the City should be renamed Cuckooland?
Jo King
Jo King

Postby Rich G » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Barry Sharpe wrote:That would be a more realistic target in this area (his manor) Rich. Most investors I talk to are struggling to find anything worth flipping.

I agree. Too many DIY renovators who don't cost their own time, too many small builders who just want to stay busy and don't aim to make a profit. Hence I have an angle in looking for 'problem' properties that no one else will buy, solve the problem and you have a deal :D You are an EA yes? Maybe you have one you just can't sell... dry rot, Japanese Knotweed, no access to view, title issues, really really stinky, subsidence...

The other way is to look at adding value by development, which is what Oliver Musgrave is hoping to do. I'm looking for that too but they tend to get snapped up unless the potential really isn't obvious.
Rich G

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:42 am

I see that Glenn Armstrong is currently warning people about the dangers of Aspartame.

The article that he is promoting is actually an Internet Urban Legend originating in around 1998
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Something came to light tonight which reminded me to put this in the proper place:

Chrissy wrote:Why are the numpties who invested in Harlequin "otherwise intelligent" where as TR is just a numpty?

Rich G wrote:Chrissy it is just a personal opinion nothing more than that. I personally know people who have invested in Harlequin and I would consider them to be reasonably switched on.

I've never met TR but have formed an opinion based on her offline and online behaviour. She has been told to stop the single-issue posting on the BF BMV group as altho she undoubtedly feels aggrieved, beyond a certain point it contributes nothing to the knowledge of the group. The appropriate venue for dealing with it would be thru mediation or failing that, court. As a result of that she branded the entire membership of the BMV group as the lackeys and cronies of GA. That is getting on for 4,000 people. Also, when anyone presents an opinion contrary to her own on PT she accuses them of being GA or lackeys thereof. She doesn't strike me as a person with much insight into how her actions might appear to others or into her own thought processes.

Offline, my incomplete and possibly incorrect understanding is that she inherited a successful HMO business but sold it to 'invest' in several obvious land-banking scams and GRQ schemes. With GA, the initial transaction on a house didn't complete because TR went on holiday and was incommunicado for several weeks when she should have been available to sign documents etc. If you are a property sourcer this costs you money.

As I say, only my opinion, you are free to disagree if you wish :)
Rich G

Postby Rich G » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:22 am

Seems to have made friends with Ian Muir who was one of his biggest critics:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukbmv/p ... 486158008/
Rich G

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 am

I don't know what you think the effect of Ian's statement is. Those who believe that Glenn is a thief and fraudster are most unlikely to change their mind, but those who are neutral and undecided will find criticising someone you don't know, accepting a bribe from them, and then promoting someone you don't know, as behaviour which reflects badly on the acolyte, but probably reflects badly on the Guru as well.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Ian Muir an acolyte? :lol:

Anyway.

There are two groups of people.

1. One group expend most of their energy focussing on what can't be done or shouldn't be done.

They focus on problems not solutions.

They criticise others who do things they say can't be done (they must be lying!) Or who do things that shouldn't be done (they must be bad people!)

They spend a lot of time busy-bodying about what other people are doing. Not just on 'important 'things but also * and gossip. This wastes time that they could be doing things for themselves.

They don't like changing their mind.

2. The other group expend most of their energy focussing on what can be done or should be done.

They focus on solutions not problems.

They notice when others do things they thought couldn't be done (so they can do it themselves). When others do things that seem bad they keep an open mind (they may have incomplete information).

They don't waste much time bothering about what other people do unless it concerns them directly. They are far more interested in getting things done themselves.

They are willing to change their mind, even if it is uncomfortable sometimes.

Choose a couple of people you admire who have been outstandingly successful. Which group do they fall into?
Rich G

Postby LisaOrme » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Yep because life is THAT back and white! :roll:
LisaOrme

Postby Rich G » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 am

No.
Rich G

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:53 am

Rich G wrote:Choose a couple of people you admire who have been outstandingly successful. Which group do they fall into?

It's a really difficult question to answer, because both groups are figments of your prejudices, and don't exist. Stripping that out from your description, clearly the successful people come from your first group. The very successful people known to me personally have a clear and consistent vision, and say it how it is, no matter how unpalatable, and they get things done.

Love or Hate Thatcher, she has to be the stereotypical Group 1) and dear old Michael Foot Group 2). I was probably wrong to criticise Ian Muir, who I know nothing about - but to me if you have been a vociferous critic who changes your mind your judgement is under suspicion - why be vocal about something that you don't know about?

If you were wrong once, you are more likely to be wrong twice. It is no coincidence that people who are right tend to be right about everything, and those who were wrong, are repeatedly wrong.
Nick
Site Admin

Next

Return to Property