Glenn Armstrong

Discuss any aspect of Property - Renting, Buying, Selling, Investing, Developing, Building

Re: Glenn Armstrong

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:58 am

If Glenn had a unique fantastic top tip ....... how long would it be before all the other Gurus pinched it?
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Same as ever.

Those who talk will carry on talking themselves out of doing things.

Those who do will carry on doing things anyway.

Nothing changes under the sun :)
Rich G

Postby Ruth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Rich G wrote:

ROFL - You mean apart from your alliances?
Ruth

Postby Rich G » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:30 pm

At least I'm consistently inconsistent 8-) :lol:
Rich G

Postby Ruth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Rich G wrote:At least I'm consistently inconsistent 8-) :lol:

:)

Ha ha
Ruth

Postby Rich G » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:01 pm

:)
Rich G

Postby Rob H » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Rich G wrote:But Rob you are saying something won't work before you have even tried it. Forgive me but that's the same defeatist methodology preached all over Tribes.

Rich,

Please don't manipulate my observation/opinion into being a negative and defeatist commentary. If you bothered to actually read what I said rather than assume that I was having a pop at either you or Glenn then you would understand and appreciate that I found nothing on the list that wasn't either widely available or standard 'marketing/selling' technique.

The exception being the creative financing for which my preference would be to seek advice from a relevant & active, preferably whole of market broker. The reason for this is simple. They would charge me fees to facilitate a product and remain compliant. This is a long term solution with a win-win ending. I get the best, creative (whatever) line of funding, they get commission and we both get continuity which would hopefully result in a 'better' deal through repeat business.

The difference with a mere service provider, when the provider is not formally qualified is that often the message is entirely hypothetical and when challenged, there is often some magic 'secret' that precludes auditability by the interested party which can only be magically unlocked by parting with significant sums of cash and yes, I mean cash (or an similarly liquid alternative)
Rob
Rob H

Postby Rob H » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Rich G wrote:At least I'm consistently inconsistent 8-) :lol:

Somthing to be proud of, well done you.
Rob
Rob H

Postby Nick » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Rich G wrote:Same as ever.

Which are you - a talker or a doer?
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:05 am

Rich G wrote:Same as ever.

You didn't like the last question, so I'll ask what you think of something that I read elsewhere:

'there are those who like to dot the i's and cross the t's and there are those like me who get on and do it'

As usual the true answer is different to what can be said in public, and that answer was code for "Of course it's illegal - how else can you make a lot of money?".
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:17 pm

I didn't dislike the first question I have just been too busy DOING THINGS to answer it. Im not interested in giving an opinion on the second statement, why would I be? My RoI here is nil or possibly negative anyway. And for the third time of asking, if you don't want it to be about me then stop making it about me with all these questions.
Rich G

Glenn Armstrong

Postby Rob H » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Jesus!

If your ROI is negative or at best neutral then why do you keep coming back?
Rob
Rob H

Postby Rich G » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Rob I wish I didn't have to. Unfortunately there are a number of people who still have access to the private forum who I consider to be my friends. Please bear with me.

Nick, in our recent phone convo I asked you where that last quote came from as I recognised bits of it. You initially said you couldn't remember and repeated that a number of times. I continued to press you and you finally admitted that it had been copied and pasted from the private forum and was attributed to me. I asked why you had edited it to make it seem I'd said something I didn't. I know you can edit other people's posts as you once did it to Jo and she didn't like it either. You denied editing it, then finally said you couldn't remember.

Rob it matters to me because now I have left the private forum, Nick is editing my content and my remaining friends there might think I actually said those things.

I have therefore asked Nick to remove all my content from the private forum as I can no longer trust him not to tamper with it which could be very damaging to some of my personal friendships.

Nick, why don't you focus your attention on making your own life better, rather than on making mine worse? It would be a whole lot better for both of us.
Rich G

Postby Nick » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Rich,

I have taken to quoting back your posts recently because it was brought to my attention that you have been editing your posts changing their meaning after there are replies to them. It appears that you have taken to doing the same with telephone calls.

You interrupted a social occasion, and I had the manners to take your call. I won't be making that mistake again as you turned out to be raving about a trivial matter:

1. Yes I repeatedly told you that I didn't have a clear memory of my post that you were talking about. This is entirely reasonable as now I can look at the post it was 2.5 days ago.
  2. No I didn't "admit" that it was from the private forum. I actually told you repeatedly that I couldn't tell you where it was from because I didn't have a clear memory of what you were talking about. Again I think this is reasonable, not everyone goes to the lengths you go to to record every conversation that you have so that years later you can win an argument. Further, now that I have seen the quote, I can confirm that it didn't originate from the private forum.
  3. Yes I denied editing it prior to posting it. I said to you even without knowing the post that I wouldn't have altered it, so on that basis I could deny editing it.
  4. To remove any doubt, the quote wasn't said by you and isn't even from this forum. As I said previously, not everything is about you, and as I said on the phone - don't you have something better to do?

I will address the issue of editing posts on the moderation thread in the Welcome section. You have previously accused me of attacking you, and no doubt will be doing so again over this post. I would dearly love to ignore your posts, but feel obliged to set the record straight. No doubt you feel the same. All that I would add is that your reputation is only seriously damaged by your own posts, just as my reputation is only seriously damaged by my own posts

Rich G wrote:Rob I wish I didn't have to. Unfortunately there are a number of people who still have access to the private forum who I consider to be my friends. Please bear with me.

Nick, in our recent phone convo I asked you where that last quote came from as I recognised bits of it. You initially said you couldn't remember and repeated that a number of times. I continued to press you and you finally admitted that it had been copied and pasted from the private forum and was attributed to me. I asked why you had edited it to make it seem I'd said something I didn't. I know you can edit other people's posts as you once did it to Jo and she didn't like it either. You denied editing it, then finally said you couldn't remember.

Rob it matters to me because now I have left the private forum, Nick is editing my content and my remaining friends there might think I actually said those things.

I have therefore asked Nick to remove all my content from the private forum as I can no longer trust him not to tamper with it which could be very damaging to some of my personal friendships.

Nick, why don't you focus your attention on making your own life better, rather than on making mine worse? It would be a whole lot better for both of us.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Ken E » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:17 pm

All that I would add is that your reputation is only seriously damaged by your own posts, just as my reputation is only seriously damaged by my own posts

Fair and balanced comment that anyone could benefit from taking on board, so for the first time ever I will use the big

ROFL
Ken E

Postby Nick » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:29 pm

It's the 15th button from the left.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Ken E » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Nick wrote:It's the 15th button from the left.

Ok that was the first time I have used the little like! I'll save the biggun for a special occasion.
Ken E

Postby Nick » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Yes - it's very "in your face". :D
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Ruth » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Like Rich and Clottie before him, I keep getting drawn to threads which gives me no return on investment.

I come back to see what's going on just to see "What Richard has said or done now".

It beggars belief that he comes back to further make a complete jackass of himself let alone to, which really gets my goat up, insult his host, break confidences and in reality walk into someone's house kick the dog, steal the family heirlooms and do their dirty laundry in the bath.

It's disgusting behaviour and you should be mighty ashamed yourself.
Ruth

Postby Rich G » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:35 am

I am not interested in arguing who is right or wrong.

Nick since I've had no response to my email or telephone requests, regrettably we must continue this in public.

Could you please just remove my content from your private forums.

Thank you.

Rich G.
Rich G

PreviousNext

Return to Property