Glenn Armstrong

Discuss any aspect of Property - Renting, Buying, Selling, Investing, Developing, Building

Re: Glenn Armstrong

Postby Steve Griff » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Nick wrote:
Steve Griff wrote:
Nick wrote:Nah - it's a pretty standard Steve comment!

* is it, annoying person. :)

ROFL

Good job you have a local translator as the colloquialisms vary from cave to cave!
Steve Griff

Postby Lynda » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Sadly, Lynda got old and decrepit and doesn't get up that early any more.

Seriously, I'm sorry I haven't been around very much in the past two weeks. I've had 'flu very badly. So much for the vaccine I qualified for the first time this year.
Lynda

Postby Nick » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:24 pm

Sorry about the flu, but we won't beat Robots with Blood Sweat & Tears. I'll wait until tomorrow morning before declaring the problem licked.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Wow - I just discovered about 500 users all created yesterday. Luckily I have the tools to delete them en mass, but if I hadn't been alerted by the wave of spam to look it might have been a bigger problem at some date in the future.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 am

Rich G wrote:I decided to post this here as I've noticed people are more polite when they have to interact in public. So, if you can make the cognitive stretch to reading this dispassionately, does it not make sense?

Today, I want to tell you WHY YOU SHOULD invest in property..
You see, contrary to what people want you to believe, it is not easy to get rich from property or any other business for that matter. In fact, it is a lot of hard work, long hours and a lot of determination!
I’m telling you this because having bought and sold hundreds of properties over the past 8 years, I know that it is certain you will face many challenges along the way, regardless of how much valuable knowledge you will learn.
But it is worth it!
I want you to answer this question:
“WHY should I invest in property?”

Unfortunately the initial post has been edited, but originally it advocated Glenn Armstrong's skill in Property Investment. I would just like to point out that a Court of Law decided last week that Glenn Armstrong did not have the wherewithal to find £40,000 - quite an unusual state of pecuniary for any property investor, let alone one claiming to be the country's most successful.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Glenn Armstrong vs. Sue Walker defamation case which was brought by GA as a result of comments made by Sue Walker earlier on this thread.

Mrs. Walker has won the first round concerning where the hearing should take place. The hearing was originally scheduled for November but, due to unforseen circumstances, had to be adjourned and rescheduled for 31st Jan.

The hearing was to have the case moved from Liverpool (where GA's solicitor is based) to London where most defamation cases are held. The judge found in Mrs Walker's favour and awarded all costs to be paid by Glenn Armstrong both for this hearing and the previous adjourned hearing.

Mrs Walker's next step is to apply for security of costs, so this is in addition to the £40K security of costs that is required by Teresa Rolland by 14th February.

From Property Tribes

All credit to PT for seeing this one through. I don't really understand why GA brought the case against Sue Walker - I think he probably panicked under all the pressure at the time, and felt that he had to be seen to do something or be perceived as guilty by default.

He is never going to gain anything through the legal system, and if he had a case the best way to refute accusations is either place evidence in the public domain, or a denial and get on with life. Of course my own reaction was neither, but you learn from experience. He would have done quite well with a denial & silence - on the Facebook BMV forum when he was accused of fraud most opinions were "leave it to the court to decide" - when he lost the court case there was not a single acknowledgement that Teresa Rollands had won the Court Case, so the truth is people tend to believe what they want to believe. He should have taken the same approach over Sue Walker's comments about mortgage fraud. I can see that they will easily be justified in Court, but also most people in property consider a little bit of mortgage fraud here & there is something to be accepted, and not talked about. He should have just accepted her comments and got on with life, most of his fans are fully aware of the way he operates, and approve.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Nick wrote:Success in Property is all about detail - reading the legals, researching the detail. If this thread is lost on you I can't see you making a go of property. My advice to you as a friend is to give up on property and do what you do best.

lol :lol:
Rich G

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:26 pm

From Facebook:

Gary Bartlett wrote:I found this old post on the Interweb and it seems to me that there must be a lot of embarrassed or perhaps scared clients / ex-clients out there who feel so 'implicated' in everything that they daren't come forward for fear of facing charges themselves for taking part in any transaction that might not have been completely 'proper'!?

I also hearing a lot about 'brown envelopes stuffed with cash' changing hands between Glenn & various professionals - in fact, on at least one occasion Glenn was heard bragging about this exact method of 'making sure deals go through' at one of his many 'talks' / classes / seminars....

I haven't edited the following post from the original source (other than remove a paragraph about another company) but on information received to date and from several sources I must state that I have no reason to believe that the following is not a fair representation of what has been going on in the world of Glenn and Mandie Armstrong.

ANYBODY who wishes to discuss their personal situation in confidence can contact me via pm and I will personally speak to DCI Conroy about negotiating immunity from prosecution regarding witness statements and evidence that might otherwise implicate clients in the way that finance was procured in the event that any rules or laws were broken. So please come forward if you are owed money or have other unfinished business with Glenn Armstrong / G&A properties / Creative lettings or any of Glenn's other businesses like the millionaires club, Freckles, etc etc etc...

That Post (as written by another); -

Dear All Investors and Potential Investors who wish to deal with

GLENN ARMSTRONG at CREATIVE ESTATE AGENTS

or G&A Properties in Wolverton

This message refers to Glenn and Mandie Armstrong and G & A Property, Milton Keynes.

There are already a lot of unhappy investors who, on a daily basis are being fed information that is untrue. There are, to my knowledge, many investors who are being paid back the money invested with Glenn, but are only receiving this back in small amounts on a monthly basis which is often defaulted on.

I also know that each investor pays around 10,000 to 15,000 per property and at this moment in time there are around 85 properties to buy to clear all the investors, and more investors are still paying up to £50,000 each for this service...this only gives a figure of around £850,000 outstanding of which none is held in a client account!

This money has all been spent on other projects and is NOT in allocated investor accounts as it should be. Thus being the reason why none of the 85 properties are being bought on behalf of the investors.

G & A Property have NO money available. And each property they do buy is strictly instructed to be a NO MONEY DOWN DEAL as there is nothing in the in investors "pot"...it has been spent on day one!

ALL OF THE NO-MONEY-DOWN SYSTEMS USED BY G & A ARE ILLEGAL AND CONSTITUTE MORTGAGE FRAUD...INVESTORS ARE ALWAYS WARNED NEVER TO MENTION ANYTHING TO BROKERS OR LENDERS!!

The company has been almost unable to complete on any properties, due to the fact that the mortgage companies are clamping down on these CREATIVE systems.

There will be 2 deals going through by the end of this month, which are ILEGAL SALE AND RENT BACKS (SARB) totally hidden from the investor, who has paid at least £10,000 for the property and could face a custodial sentence!

G&A are NOT FSA Regulated and NEVER have been, but they still carry on as they are putting a lot of people at risk.
· Glenn Armstrong owes ex employees and contractors large sums of money.
· Most Estate agents will not do business with him or anyone connected to G & A, due to his business reputation.
· He owes the Inland Revenue huge amounts.
· All the properties he/his wife own are mortgaged, with little or no equity.
· Money is on a regular basis borrowed from investors, but the interest payments rarely get paid...when they do they are always late (this is why you will often get an email come through to lend money or do a JV).
· The staff are treated appallingly and on a daily basis, due to the financial situation of the company, end up having to lie to the investors and feed them incorrect information.
· They are not always paid on time, hence the large turnover of staff. Many members of staff are very often uncomfortable doing the underhand stuff expected of them.

Many properties have 1st and 2nd charges against them.

Vast amounts of investors' monies have been spent on Glenn's new house and his leashold vehicles. Even the cherished number plates have been purchased on credit cards!

To some people, this message may seem malicious, but I am doing this to genuinely avoid future problems which may be avoidable.

THERE IS A LOT MORE TO THE ARMSTRONGS AND I FEEL THAT YOU SHOULD CHECK EVERYTHING OUT IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INVESTED OR ARE CONSIDERING DOING SO.

END:

If you have any relevant information that corroborates the above comments or indeed refutes the above as being factually incorrect then please contact me via PM.

There are more stories in the pipeline - more serious and unsavoury but I am awaiting for others to support the sources of those..... personally, if this was the last investment opportunity on earth I would still avoid like the plague - but that is my personal opinion - DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND DUE DILIGENCE.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukbmv/p ... 1252999496
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Nick wrote:clearly you believe that your business can thrive without a network. Good luck with that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukbmv/p ... 622033626/

:lol:
Rich G

Postby Rich G » Thu May 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Nick wrote:Over the last 18 months you have been challenged to justify why you believe that your mentorship with Glen Armstrong was worthwhile. You believe that your response justified it, but there have been doubters. I was just observing that 3 years down the line there will be no argument - either your 3 year program will have achieved your objectives, or it won't have. We can bicker all we want but the future will show who was right.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukbmv/p ... 833135772/

:dance:
Rich G

Postby Rob H » Fri May 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Not sure what this post is trying to portray?
Rob
Rob H

Postby Rich G » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Nick wrote:If you were wrong once, you are more likely to be wrong twice. It is no coincidence that people who are right tend to be right about everything, and those who were wrong, are repeatedly wrong.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukbmv/711072628951358/ ROFL

Rich G

Postby Rich G » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:41 pm

Rob H wrote:Not sure what this post is trying to portray?

Rob it means that Nick’s outbursts (quoted) have so far cost him a 50% JV share of gross profits totaling £164,500 minus costs. Meanwhile Glenn and others have profited by the same amount. I won’t be satisfied until that figure tops £1M.

More to follow.

Rich G.
Rich G

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Rich G wrote:
Rob H wrote:Not sure what this post is trying to portray?

Rob it means that Nick’s outbursts (quoted) have so far cost him a 50% JV share of gross profits totaling £164,500 minus costs. Meanwhile Glenn and others have profited by the same amount. I won’t be satisfied until that figure tops £1M.

More to follow.

Rich G.

Rich,

I don't discuss my business online, but as you clearly aren't going to go away until I make some comment I will give a comprehensive reply and then hopefully we can lay the subject to rest.

You and I parted company for a myriad of reasons, & I will explain to you the main ones. The reason which is the subject of this thread - Glenn Armstrong, is at the bottom of the list really. I have no idea whether he is guilty of fraud, as has been suggested many times in many places, it's none of my business. Yes I don't want to be associated with him, but not because I know him to be a crook - I just want to keep my distance from people with a cloud over them. Your own cloud is much more significant than his. Most of the knowledgeable people in the property industry know the truth of what I am going to say - you may make statements and think that because they go unchallenged this means that they are accepted, that isn't the case at all. People who know the facts don't choose to pick arguments, just as I have chosen to ignore your continual goading until now.

My wish to put a gap between us was initially based on limited evidence. but as time went on more and more of your public statements told me that you were someone that would be trouble to be associated with. Our first JV was an experiment by myself - a small project to see how we could work together. In fact I think it was a great success, so I was very disappointed to read:

Greenland wrote:Back to the auction flip subject, they don't all go to plan so it might be more informative to mention one which went wrong. Lot 10 in April's Maggs & Allen auction. We didn't actually lose money but barely broke even and I spent a LOT of time on it. I now know not to try to flip small flats. The most important thing with any type of flipping is your ONWARD MARKET. This was a tiny flat in a roughish part of Weston super Mare where the only buyers were other investors. It was over 2 years ago and we let it out for most of that time - that's what people do when flips go wrong and they don't want to realise their losses! We also bought cash so we didn't realise it’s almost unmortgageable at only 28 sq m, further restricting our market. But we didn’t ask about that because we didn’t know what we didn’t know.

http://www.propertytribes.com/paul-ribb ... #pid213172

You see that is totally untrue. We both knew that the property was unmortgagable from it's previous history, you did a blog on it, and were going to write an article for YPN on it. There was also a clear decision to refurbish it for a BTL not a BTS (my mail to you 23/12/13), and no intention to mortgage it because you yourself cannot get a mortgage and the flat was unmortgagable so it made a perfect match the original lead for this flat shows that it was an unmortgagable flat!). This was actually a fantastic deal for you - I deliberately funded you because at that time I had faith in you. I was happy with my return on the investment as I was able to purchase the property for £36,500, and you gained an income of £100 pcm from the deal without having paid a penny. The fact that it sold at auction for only £45,000 was purely because you wouldn't agree to a sale over a period of 12 months, and withdrew it from auction 3 times, and refused to accept the offer of £50,000 that we had.

I also see that you have been talking on the BMV Forum about the Kingswood project. You talk as if you were involved - you were an employee! The reason you were an employee rather than a partner in a deal that you brought to the table is because you were a total embarrassment and liability so our JV partner couldn't work with you. That is why you didn't lose any money, I did & I am a big boy so I will own up to my misjudgements - I lost a lot of money on a total lemon. If you think it is a good idea please buy it - it is still for sale through the same agent - we know that the agent won't deal with you because of your track record.

Your first 3 JV partners all won't touch you with a bargepole, if you have found a 4th who you can do business with successfully - please get on with it and stop posting here.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rich G » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:12 pm

I’ve just found this as I’m no longer receiving notifications from this forum.

Nick Parkin’s statement contains so many inaccuracies I don’t know where to start, so I’m going to leave most of them unchallenged rather than get a thorough kicking again by his ‘homies’.

So I’ll stick to the main defamatory one, NP’s claim that my first 3 JV partners won’t ‘touch me with a bargepole’. There are only 2 JVPs who won’t work with me again, both by mutual agreement. One is NP himself and the other is my ‘JV From Hell’ who has a mental health condition, discussed extensively elsewhere. I am still working with my first ever JVP, my aunt, and she is delighted with the returns.

The other correction is something I can easily prove. The intention was to sell first with letting as a second exit. NP please see your email dated 20-11-2011, I don’t think I’m revealing any confidences if I quote:

<<<No way will that ever sell for £75K or even £70K. I’m looking forward to the wonders you are going to do with £5K to get it a £65K valuation which I see as a ceiling, and probably not achievable. But £60K is still a result, its £50K which is a disaster!>>>

The blog wasn’t written until almost 2 months later on 10-01-2012, it mentions difficulties for us getting a mortgage due to paying less than £50K, it still doesn’t mention the unmorgageability of flats under 30 sq M, because we still didn’t know back then.

I wish I didn’t have to keep coming back but this is visible with my name on it on the public internet, it contains several defamatory remarks but I have no financially viable recourse to law. I don’t think it looks good for NP either but he seems content to let it sit like a turd on the mantelpiece rather than do the obvious thing and delete it. NP has made a number of personal attacks (I still haven’t quoted them all above) claiming that I am useless at property, that I should give up and go back to “what I am good at”, that I was lying about Glenn’s mentorship helping my business, that I’ve taken bribes, that I had no network, and that he is always right and I am always wrong. All I have done is quote his personal attacks back with proof that those attacks are unfair and untrue. I shall continue to post further proof until and unless NP issues a retraction and an apology or deletes the thread. Is that so much to ask?
Rich G

Postby Rachel » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:37 pm

It is pitiful that you keep coming back here. The 'big' thing to do would be to go away and get on with whatever it is you're doing. Well, actually, we all know what you're doing. The whole of the internet property community knows what you're doing with whom, where and when you're holidaying, where you're meeting and with whom, how much you've spent, who you've spoken to, who you've pm'd, how much you've made, how much you need to borrow, who you employ, how you don't give a shoot for much ... except for Nick Parkin. That is one enormous chip on your shoulder you just can't get rid of.

Nobody except you and Nick (although Nick to a much much lesser extent as time goes on) gives a toss about your issues with Nick and his "homies". I cannot understand how you are still so messed up with it if life has changed so much for you.

I imagine you've come here as Frank linked to here from PT. You're like a highly insecure teenage Z list star busying yourself on Google. Go away and write some more about your enormous knowledge and success, how you always do it this way and have always done that and have never done it like this.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to update us on that amazing hotel which would be prime for conversion into a heroin den and whether Glenn has managed to ponce the money you need off his mail-shot list (although I imagine he has far more pressing issues to worry about at the moment than the loss of your deposit).
Rachel

Postby Rich G » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:06 am

What an avid follower you are Rachel :)

Rachel wrote:It is pitiful that you keep coming back here. The 'big' thing to do would be to go away and get on with whatever it is you're doing. Well, actually, we all know what you're doing. The whole of the internet property community knows what you're doing with whom, where and when you're holidaying, where you're meeting and with whom, how much you've spent, who you've spoken to, who you've pm'd, how much you've made, how much you need to borrow, who you employ, how you don't give a shoot for much ... except for Nick Parkin. That is one enormous chip on your shoulder you just can't get rid of.

Nobody except you and Nick (although Nick to a much much lesser extent as time goes on) gives a toss about your issues with Nick and his "homies". I cannot understand how you are still so messed up with it if life has changed so much for you.

I imagine you've come here as Frank linked to here from PT. You're like a highly insecure teenage Z list star busying yourself on Google. Go away and write some more about your enormous knowledge and success, how you always do it this way and have always done that and have never done it like this.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to update us on that amazing hotel which would be prime for conversion into a heroin den and whether Glenn has managed to ponce the money you need off his mail-shot list (although I imagine he has far more pressing issues to worry about at the moment than the loss of your deposit).
Rich G

Postby Rachel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Did you complete then??

I don't think so, seeing as you'd have it plastered all over the internet.

How are you going to explain that to the internet property world? You being such an experienced "property trader"?

The biggest thing you and your pea-in-a-pod Stuart Maitland should have learned from GA was not to detail every single minute of your life on social media. If you want to move up into the serious league (I'm talking multi-millions - whether that be a 300 unit £100m Taylor Wimpey development in Battersea, or an £80m private residence in Belgravia), you really need to learn how to behave like a discrete, sophisticated and trustworthy businessman (and not like you're going to piss your pants all over Facebook every time you find a potential deal).

I think GA actually knows exactly what he's doing with you and fellow mega-mouth Stuart. You can't buy that kind of blind devotion and obsessive advertising at the Arsenal end of the property game.
Rachel

Postby Rich G » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:03 am

Yes we completed on Friday, on time, same as I always do.

Rachel wrote:Did you complete then??

I don't think so, seeing as you'd have it plastered all over the internet.

How are you going to explain that to the internet property world? You being such an experienced "property trader"?

The biggest thing you and your pea-in-a-pod Stuart Maitland should have learned from GA was not to detail every single minute of your life on social media. If you want to move up into the serious league (I'm talking multi-millions - whether that be a 300 unit £100m Taylor Wimpey development in Battersea, or an £80m private residence in Belgravia), you really need to learn how to behave like a discrete, sophisticated and trustworthy businessman (and not like you're going to piss your pants all over Facebook every time you find a potential deal).

I think GA actually knows exactly what he's doing with you and fellow mega-mouth Stuart. You can't buy that kind of blind devotion and obsessive advertising at the Arsenal end of the property game.
Rich G

Postby Rich G » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:17 am

Nick wrote:...and stop posting here.

OK, if you retract and apologise, or delete the thread.

Otherwise I will keep coming back here and showing you up for what you are.
Rich G

PreviousNext

Return to Property