LED Bulbs

Discuss any aspect of Property - Renting, Buying, Selling, Investing, Developing, Building

LED Bulbs

Postby keith » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:44 pm

For Quidco Members they are offering a 17% off Voucher code At the moment "XMAS17" and 20% cash back on the sale ( I assume after the Discount ) and with VAT deducted - With LEDHUT

Now I'm a bit of an evangalist about this I have 8 * 3 Watt LED lamps in the Kitchen replacing 8 50Watt Halogens.

So in 40 Hours Use I now use 1 KW of electricity ( 13P )
on the old 50 Watt ones I would use 16 KW in the same time ( £2.08 )

So on average I'm saving about £1.50 a week or £75 a year just in 1 room, I accept the bulbs cost more to buy 10 cost me just over £20 but they pay for themselves several times over in a year.
keith

Re: LED Bulbs

Postby Jo King » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:20 pm

I agree Keith. I changed mine several months ago and they paid for themselves in 3 months :D
Jo King
Jo King

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:05 am

I'm just having LED fitted in a new extension I'm building. They look just like the old halogens, and the electrician says that the prices are plummeting to the extent that it pays to rip out any existing lights & fit LEDs. I'm planning some fancy effects & dimming, I'll let you know how they work out.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Jo King » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:37 am

One mistake we made was starting with a dozen 'white' light LEDs instead of 'soft warm' light. We thought it would be brighter and more appropriate in the kitchen but it was horrible and cold looking. So we put those in the bathrooms and got some soft warm ones for the kitchen - they are exactly the same as the old 50watt halogens to look at and in terms of light. we got the multi light glass fronted ones - as Keith says they are about 3 watts each so use less electric than one of the old halogens.

Nick - if you haven't already done so I recommend taking time to choose your own bulbs with the electricians input as there are many different ones and as we found you can get it wrong easily.

Ours cost £30 for 12 and we save about £12.50 per month in electric just in the kitchen as we reckon on around 5-6 hours use a day at the moment.
Jo King
Jo King

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:29 pm

OK - will do. Things need resaying, cos I'd asked for the light feature to be colour adjustable, and I've got plain white.
Nick
Site Admin

Return to Property