Landlords Dream?

Discuss any aspect of Property - Renting, Buying, Selling, Investing, Developing, Building

Landlords Dream?

Postby Jo King » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Anyone used these?
http://www.eradsystems.com

Seems like a landlord's dream. Put these with Solar Hot Water (with electric back up) cheaper bills for tenants, no more messy, expensive gas boilers, almost no maintenance, no carbon monoxide risk and no annual gas certificates.

What am I missing?
Jo King
Jo King

Re: Landlords Dream?

Postby Nick » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Mmmm - it all seems a bit unlikely to me, I will follow along with interest.

I am always suspicious of big & unlikely claims (up to 90% saving with an average of 72%) combined with a complete absence of scientific explanation as to how it works.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Jo King » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:29 am

The science of infrared has been around for many years Nick and it makes complete sense to me. I used to have an infrared heater in my bathroom the 70's - I loved it, but I guess they've just fine tuned the technology.

I agree there is a lack of scientific explanation on the site.

I'm going to look into this further when I get home.
Jo King
Jo King

Postby Jo King » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:37 am

Jo King
Jo King

Postby Nick » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:17 am

I understand infrared, and radiation in general - I think it would be fair to say that most people don't, but still notice that circulated air heating systems don't seem to work as well as they should, or that a house that has stood un heated for a while still feels cold after the c/h system has been on a while (they are feeling the absence of radiation from the building fabric).

What I don't understand is why there should be an efficiency advantage to radiators (except I suppose you are relying on keeping people warm by radiation but leaving the house cold), and why infrared has an advantage over the natural wavelengths.

Google bluff coming

Nick
Site Admin

Return to Property