Chelsea Flower Show - who is a fan?

Discuss anything to do with living in London

Chelsea Flower Show - who is a fan?

Postby REI » Mon May 24, 2010 11:03 pm

I enjoy this time of year. I tend to watch all of the coverage. More so now that I can use IPlayer to catch up on anything I missed when it was broadcast live.

I have attended once. It was a great experience. At the same time it is easier to see the show gardens on TV.
John B. Corey Jr.
25+ years of REI, US & UK.
Free advice so get in touch. I like to discuss deals structures & overall strategy
I sometimes maintain a blog when the tools are being well behaved. www.ChelseaPrivateEquity.com/blog
Follow me on Twitter-> www.twitter.com/john_corey
REI

Re: Chelsea Flower Show - who is a fan?

Postby Nick » Tue May 25, 2010 12:18 am

I have contacts in the Royal Hospital and can go & have a nose around the day before it opens, it's just that I've never got myself organised to do it. I really must next year. The other time to go is on the last day as the exhibitors sell off all their plants in preference to having to take them away.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby REI » Wed May 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Nick,

Do take the time one year. Best to do so sooner rather than later given how time gets away from people.
John B. Corey Jr.
Free advice so get in touch. I like to discuss deals structures & overall strategy
I sometimes maintain a blog when the tools are being well behaved. www.ChelseaPrivateEquity.com/blog
REI

Postby Nick » Wed May 26, 2010 2:19 pm

John,

You are just so so right. I've just booked it - next year, private viewing followed by a meal & a drink in the garden. I've got friends in my village!
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Marcus » Wed May 26, 2010 6:38 pm

It's not an event I've considered visiting before as I suffer from hay fever. Now I know you two burly blokes are not afraid to admit your flower fetishes I may well take a peek; on TV of course.
Marcus

Postby Nick » Wed May 26, 2010 7:59 pm

I suffer from Hayfever too, but it's weird & differs from year to year, sometimes bad sometimes good, sometimes April, sometimes June.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Lynda » Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 pm

I've only had hayfever for three or four years. I can't understand why I suddenly got it so late in life.
Lynda

Postby REI » Thu May 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Marcus wrote:It's not an event I've considered visiting before as I suffer from hay fever. Now I know you two burly blokes are not afraid to admit your flower fetishes I may well take a peek; on TV of course.

There are pills for hay fever. I also find that Chelsea will have a lot of days with rain or recent rain so not that much pollen in the air.

In my case the hay fever is specific to certain types of plants (grasses I think; not trees from what I can tell).
John B. Corey Jr.
REI

Return to London Life