Facebook reached its peak in the UK and is now regressing.

Anything to do with Computers, The Internet, e-Commerce, Gadgets, Phones, Websites

Facebook reached its peak in the UK and is now regressing.

Postby Rob H » Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 am

Rob
Rob H

Re: Facebook reached its peak in the UK and is now regressin

Postby Nick » Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm

I would think that Facebook stand more chance of taking over the world than disappearing. Only 10 mins ago a contractor contacted me via FB, and there are several people (including 1 child) who I contact via FB rather than e-mail. It is very well designed, and offers practically everything that you want from the internet. I can believe that there are people who never leave FB & probably never will.

That doesn't mean that I am a fan personally - I'm not, but I do recognise that it has tapped into what people want.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Rob H » Wed May 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Nick wrote:I would think that Facebook stand more chance of taking over the world than disappearing. Only 10 mins ago a contractor contacted me via FB, and there are several people (including 1 child) who I contact via FB rather than e-mail. It is very well designed, and offers practically everything that you want from the internet. I can believe that there are people who never leave FB & probably never will.

That doesn't mean that I am a fan personally - I'm not, but I do recognise that it has tapped into what people want.

I happen to agree with your opinion. For those inclined to do so, you can filter a lot of the 'noise' even without un-friending people. I suspect that the drifters are people who a) Went for a look and don't get it b) Never use it or any other SM c) GRQ marketeers who couldnt wait for the $$$$$
Rob
Rob H

Postby Lynda » Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 pm

I rely on Facebook to have daily visual contact with my grandchildren. Their parents never fail to post photos of their latest achievements and misdemeanors.

I was also contacted via Facebook by my last living relative on my mother's side. Actually, my last living relative on any side aparts from my sons and grandchildren.
Lynda

Postby Don » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 am

Facebook is brilliant for me to stay updated with family, in fact I chat to some of them through there more than I did when we were almost neighbours :lol:

Sometimes though my Mum does complain about me filling her feed with adverts :oops: (sorry Mum) :D
Don

Return to Internet, Computing, and Technical