Ebay Security

Anything to do with Computers, The Internet, e-Commerce, Gadgets, Phones, Websites

Ebay Security

Postby keith » Sun May 25, 2014 11:50 am

So Lots Of messages Change your password etc, pity that the data leaked in March/April so nearly 2 months it's been at risk !
keith

Re: Ebay Security

Postby Nick » Sun May 25, 2014 12:25 pm

It's a toss up whether I change my password, or close my account. I left negative feedback for a big seller because although I paid £12 for a 2 day courier, the appliance didn't arrive for 3 weeks. eBay removed the feedback, and when I queried this from eBay's response it is very common for eBay to remove negs for big sellers, so I'm thinking that if I can't trust eBay Feedback will I want to buy anything. Over the years I've shifted my balance of buying from 90:10 in eBay's favour to 10:90 in Amazon's favour. I've had dozens of problems with eBay sellers, but never a single problem with Amazon. This may be the last straw.
Nick
Site Admin

Postby keith » Sun May 25, 2014 9:25 pm

And Small sellers cant get unwarranted negs removed.

I have one from a buyer, because the Courier lost my item, 6 weeks later still showing in depot where I posted it.

I refunded in a week, yet have been accused of not completing because Price not met
keith

Postby Lynda » Sun May 25, 2014 10:48 pm

I never buy from big sellers now. The small ones are much more reliable. I haven't changed my password because I only saw the message when I came back from the caravan and it seemed pointless then.
Lynda

Postby Specmonolg » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:41 am

I have more information about the issues that you mentioned.
Specmonolg

Return to Internet, Computing, and Technical