Rosie - old minis

Discuss anything to do with living in London

Rosie - old minis

Postby keith » Sun May 24, 2009 11:30 pm

does an old mini traveller have any intrinsic value ? ( ie the woody )

From what I understand it's in severe need of restoration, but if it could be done would it be worth it
keith

Re: Rosie - old minis

Postby Rosie » Mon May 25, 2009 11:40 am

Hiya

Well yes and no........

Depends what the final objective is...

They are rare as hes teeth, and restoration is possible... but if you are restoring to make money - the resto will cost more than the car is finally worth.

If youre doing it ALL yourself as a passion or a hobby - it'll take you a good couple f years and you might break even if you sell it.

If youre doing it as a hobby to keep and admire, attend shows or use it for fun - its prceless!

Show room mint condition when finished - aout £7 - £8K

Got any piccies?

Or go here mlmotorsport.com (hubbys web site) join the forums and ask for opinions... lots of free advice on there and there's a couple of similar cars... look at Steve Johnsons estate - thats a woody without the wood!

You might find you make the most money from a part resto... get it rolling and the rust done... or th engine going and then sell it from there....

Woodys are very popular when done... because of their rarity. All the restoration parts are available including the wood bits - Hubby will help you locate stuff and gives loads of free advice on the forum to members, or by phone to you as youre a pal of mine :-)
Rosie

Postby Rosie » Mon May 25, 2009 11:45 am

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/cla ... arno/40420

bet that got sold privately for about £6k
Rosie

Postby Nick » Mon May 25, 2009 11:47 am

When I was very young my Dad had a Morris Traveller - that's a wood version of a Morris Minor. I should imagine that's rare and valuable too. After that he had a Hillman Something (I can't remember what) which had an automatic gearbox that was run off the battery. I should imagine that is very rare - the flip thing never worked. What would happen was that we would drive somewhere like Richmond Park for a day out, and then we got back to the car the battery would be flat from all the gear changing, so you couldn't start it!
Nick
Site Admin

Postby Lynda » Mon May 25, 2009 9:06 pm

The first car I can ever remember my Dad owning was a Vauxhall with a running board.
Lynda

Return to London Life